Angie Merriam

The Neveah Series!

Forums

Forum Home > Reader's corner > Let's talk about books

Angie Merriam
Site Owner

Have you read a book recently that you just have to talk about? Tell us about it! This is a place for those who love to read and talk about the books with other book lovers. Feel free to leave reviews or start a converstation! This is a relaxed forum and should be a place for readers to express themselves and writers to connect with their audiance. If you really loved the story you can post links to where the book is sold to help your favorite author gain a wider range of readers :) Enjoy and be kind to one another..

PS looking for your next read? Check out the Indie promotion thread to discover your new favorite author!

July 23, 2012 at 3:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Angie Merriam
Site Owner

I will start this one! I love all kinds of books but can list Outlander, Twilight, and Gone With the Wind as my favorites so far. I am currently reading Wizards first rule by Terry Goodkind! I am really enjoying it so far! What's everyone else reading?

July 25, 2012 at 12:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Angie Merriam
Site Owner

Let me start by saying that I wanted to hate this book for a wide variety of reasons, mostly selfish ones. I read it because I had to see what the hype was all about. I was tired of hearing everyone talk about it, so I borrowed it from a friend and braced myself for crappy writing, sick sex scenes, and no story line. I was so wrong. To me Christian and Ana are Edward and Belle, but the story is light years from Twilight. The writing was far better than I was prepared for, not perfect, but the story flowed perfectly. I was lost in the romance and intrigued with the darkness inside of Christian Grey. Ana's need to love him but fear of him was intriguing. The sex was dark in a few scenes but necessary to the story. I was sad when the book ended and will admit to getting a little teary eyed the last few pages. This was not just an erotic story with loads of sex, but a wonderful romantic novel with characters you feel for. I am sure that most woman who read Twilight, and always wanted Edward and Bella to venture deeper into their adult relationship(not the quick PG scene in Breaking Dawn) will love Fifty Shades of Grey. All in all I was happily surprised by how much I liked this book. I can't wait to start the next one.

July 30, 2012 at 3:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.